Macs are often used for watching movies, listening to music, communicating via video or voice calls, etc. Audio is very important, especially when it comes to notifications and alerts. Sound issues are often caused by junk, improper updates, or RAM issues. If you are facing sound issues on your Mac, then here is what you need to do.
You should follow these steps given below:
- Go to the System Preferences of the Mac and choose the Time Machine option.
- Thereafter, turn on the “Show Time Machine in the menu bar.”
- You should select the icon of the Time Machine and choose the ‘Back Up Now’ button.
- Allow the process to complete.
- Restart the device and instantly after the sound of a startup, long-press the ‘Command-R’ buttons until you see the Apple logo.
- Navigate to the menu of Utilities, choose the option of ‘Disk Utility’ and click on the button of Continue.
- You should click on the drive.
- Reach the toolbar of Disk Utility; choose the icon of Erase.
- Select the button of Apply and wait to finish the procedure.
- Click on Done.
- Get back to the menu of Utilities and choose the ‘Reinstall macOS’ option.
- You have to choose the button of Continue and pursue steps shown on the screen.
If you are unable to hear sound from the internal or external speakers on your Mac, then just follow the troubleshooting steps given above.
Ela Smith is a Microsoft Office expert and has been working in the technology industry since 2002. As a technical expert, she has written technical blogs, manuals, white papers, and reviews for many websites such as office.com/setup.